- Date: Mar 2021.
- Location: Mount Kenya – Sirimon Route.
- Objective: To hike from Old Moses Camp to Lenana Peak and back within 24 hours.
- Difficulty: Very Hard.
- Outcome: Successful!
- Start time: 4:35 am.
- Summit: 12:57 pm.
- Finish: 7:18 pm.
- Total distance: 34.1 km.
- Total time: 14 hr 43 min.
- Moving time: 10 hr 57 min.
- Calories burned: 3,489.
- Old Moses Camp Elevation: 3,300 m.
- Lenana Peak Elevation: 4,985 m.
- Elevation Gain: 1,746 m.
This was my second 24hr challenge attempt. The first being on Chogoria route. (Blog post)
– Sirimon summit trek is more tiring. It is shorter but steeper! 3 km vs Chogoria 4.6 km.
– You can start the hike at any time from Old Moses Camp. Chogoria Gate Camp has some restrictions because of wild animals at night.
– Our Sirimon hike was more relaxed. We took longer breaks in between.
– The weather was warmer and clearer on this hike. No rain.