- Date: Feb 2021.
- Location: Mount Meru – Arusha, Tanzania.
- Difficulty: Very Hard.
- Total time: 3 days/ 2 nights.
- Total distance: 45.9 km.
- Total calories burned: 6,454.
- Min. Elevation: 1,500 m.
- Max. Elevation: 4,566 m. (Summit)
- Total Elevation Gain: 3,093 m.
Normally this hike is done in 4 days. We decided to shorten it to 3.
It’s a tough, steep, rocky climb but very enjoyable with its amazing views!
The accommodation huts were also very good. It was not too cold at night.
DAY ONE: MOMELLA GATE TO MIRIAKAMBA HUT
- Distance: 14 km.
- Time: 5 hr 2 min
- Elevation Gain: 997 m.
- Miriakamba Hut Elevation: 2,500 m
DAY TWO: MIRIAKAMBA HUT – SADDLE HUT – SUMMIT – SADDLE HUT
- Distance covered: 18.9 km.
- Total time: 11 hr 16 min.
- Elevation Gain: 2,096 m.
- Saddle Hut Elevation: 3,500 m.
- Summit Elevation: 4,566 m.
DAY THREE: SADDLE HUT TO MOMELLA GATE VIA TULULUSIA FALLS
- Distance: 13 km.
- Time: 4 hr 3 min.